Friday, October 30, 2015

All About Me

If you're reading this, then that means you or somebody you know has probably been assigned to English 1 with Mr. Gilbert this semester; if this is not the case, then I urge you to get in touch with the teacher that you have been assigned to, and rectify this situation immediately.

If you're still here, then that mean's you're stuck with me; and for that I truly apologize.

My name is Luke Gilbert, and I'm going to be your English 1 teacher this semester. In this class, I hope to give you guys a good idea of what your high school experience will be like, as well as leave you with the ability to write academic papers and as an added bonus, maybe enrich your minds a little. Just maybe.

Believe it or not, I am an accredited educator; I graduated from the University of South Carolina, and am fully licensed to teach you. It won't seem like that at times, but I assure you--I'm legit.

That being said, that means I know exactly how important academic papers are and you will be writing a lot of them. My job is to prepare you for your future and for a lot of you, at least for the next forseeable few years, that means writing papers. So sorry in advance, but it's for your own good. Trust me when I say that it hurts me more than it hurts you.

So welcome to my class everyone; let's try to make it a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment